Have you heard about Power BI? Do you know Power BI Components?
Have you worked with Power Query Formula language called M? Do you know what are strong capabilities of this language and tool?
Have you build PowerPivot models with strong DAX expressions and deployed in Power BI site?
Do you know different types of data visualization with Power View and enhanced using it with connection to a PowerPivot model?
Do you know how to use 3D Geo Spatial visualization with Power Map and are you familiar with its new features?
Do you want to learn more about Power Q&A and learn how to use it more efficiently?
Have you heard about new Power BI Designer tool, and do you know how to work with it?
If your answer is no to any of questions above, then come and join us in our pre-con in SQL Saturday Vienna on 27th of Feb 2015. Leila and I will go through all headings above in a full day training course of Power BI. Here are more details about this pre-con:
Power BI from Rookie to Rockstar
To register at this pre-con follow link below:
BI is the self-service BI engine of Microsoft, this service provides ability
for business users to work with data with easier tools and be able to do
changes or build their own models on top of one or more data sources.
is a full day of Power BI with many live demos. Training starts with
understanding Power BI components (Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View, Power
Map, and Power Q&A). then with real world demos a full end to end Power BI
system will be illustrated that fetch data and transform it with Power Query,
load and Modelled in Power Pivot, Visualized in Power View and Power Map, and
enhanced usage of Power Q&A. Power BI site administration will be fully
covered as well. Some tips and best practices for using each component will be
explained as well.
- BI Developers/Consultants/Architects who want to upskill in Power BI
technologies, or wants to learn new features of Power BI along with the new
Power BI Designer.
- Business Analysts who want to be able to build their self-service
reporting and data analysis solution based on Power BI.
- IT/Data/BI/Technology managers and architects who want to learn Power BI
features and decide about using it in their in-house projects, or to solve
- IT/Data/BI/Technology students who want to step into BI world or seeking
to learn new BI technologies.
This course requires that you meet the
- Familiarity with Excel
- Understanding data and analysis concepts
- Familiarity with other BI technologies would be beneficial but is not
- After completing this course students will
be able to:
- Understand Microsoft Power BI technologies end to end
- Use Power Query GUI for data transformation
- Do advanced data transformation with Power Query Formula Language: M
- Create and enhance data modelling with PowerPivot
- Leverage Data Analysis eXpression language (DAX) to write formulas in
- Visualize data with Power View with different charts and map.
- Use Power Map to have a 3D geospatial view of data, and build tours to
tell stories to others.
- User Power Q&A question and answering language and understand tips
and techniques about it.
- Use new Power BI Designer to build solutions with Power BI, and able to
great features of it
- Power BI Introduction
- Data Transformation with Power Query GUI
- Power Query Advanced: M
- Data Modelling with PowerPivot
- Writing Formulas with DAX
- Data Visualization with Power View
- Power Map; Art of Geo Spatial 3D Data Visualization
- Answering Questions from Machine: Power Q&A
- New Designer: Power BI Designer
To register at this full day training course follow link below: