Are you underpaid? or you are getting paid in the market range? If you are looking for a job, what range of salary you should be looking for? The Salary survey and the report is helpful to answer these questions. The salary survey, is a form that everyone fills, and from the result of that, a report is generated. This is merely a report of your own data. I don’t get it from web query or anything like that. Here is how it works, and how you can use it.
The idea of a salary survey isn’t mine, I’ve seen how Brent Ozar created one useful in his website, so credits of the idea go to him. However, What I did, is to create the Power BI version of it, and also making it more like a live report using Power BI and Power Automate. I might write about the way of doing it in another article later on.
Enter your Salary info
No confidential information is required from you, no email, name, company name, etc. So feel free to enter the values without any doubts.
Or you can even enter your data here directly:
Check the report
Either you enter the data or not, you would be able to check the report here:
Things to know
- The report data is merely from the form filled by all others.
- Be honest in entering your information, do not enter information more than once.
- There is a tab in the report above, in which you can filter using slicers to find out what is the average salary for your selection criteria.
- the survey and the report are built using Microsoft Forms, Power Automate, and Power BI (I might write an article about that later).
- To get more accurate results, encourage everyone in the Power BI space to go and fill the form.
- No sensitive information (email, IP, name, company name, etc) is stored.
- Because the result is a report (not a dashboard), it won’t show you the result in real-time, but after an hour or two, you should be seeing the result added hopefully.
- If you still don’t see any data in the report, that is probably because we are still waiting for some submissions to come through.
- If there is a field, which is not in the survey, and you feel is important to add, please let me know in the comments below.
Here are some sample screenshots of the report (the sample screenshots are with my sample test data of five entries, which has been wiped out before posting this article);
What should be my salary?
Details page (You can navigate to this page using right-click, drill through from other pages)