Full Day Training of Power BI with the title of Power BI from Rookie to Rockstar has been ran in SQL Saturday Vienna.
RADACAD presented one pre-con on Power BI, and couple of sessions; A Journey to Power BI by Leila, and ETL on Cloud? Azure Data Factory by Reza.
Power BI pre-con includes Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View, Power Map, Power Q&A, and the new Power BI Designer.
Here are more details about Power BI pre-con;
Power BI is the self-service BI engine of Microsoft, this service provides ability for business users to work with data with easier tools and be able to do changes or build their own models on top of one or more data sources.
This is a full day of Power BI with many live demos. Training starts with understanding Power BI components (Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View, Power Map, and Power Q&A). then with real world demos a full end to end Power BI system will be illustrated that fetch data and transform it with Power Query, load and Modelled in Power Pivot, Visualized in Power View and Power Map, and enhanced usage of Power Q&A. Power BI site administration will be fully covered as well. Some tips and best practices for using each component will be explained as well.
- BI Developers/Consultants/Architects who want to upskill in Power BI technologies, or wants to learn new features of Power BI along with the new Power BI Designer.
- Business Analysts who want to be able to build their self-service reporting and data analysis solution based on Power BI.
- IT/Data/BI/Technology managers and architects who want to learn Power BI features and decide about using it in their in-house projects, or to solve customer problems.
- IT/Data/BI/Technology students who want to step into BI world or seeking to learn new BI technologies.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites
- Familiarity with Excel
- Understanding data and analysis concepts
- Familiarity with other BI technologies would be beneficial but is not required
- After completing this course students will be able to:
- Understand Microsoft Power BI technologies end to end
- Use Power Query GUI for data transformation
- Do advanced data transformation with Power Query Formula Language: M
- Create and enhance data modelling with PowerPivot
- Leverage Data Analysis eXpression language (DAX) to write formulas in PowerPivot
- Visualize data with Power View with different charts and map.
- Use Power Map to have a 3D geospatial view of data, and build tours to tell stories to others.
- User Power Q&A question and answering language and understand tips and techniques about it.
- Use new Power BI Designer to build solutions with Power BI, and able to great features of it
- Power BI Introduction
- Data Transformation with Power Query GUI
- Power Query Advanced: M
- Data Modelling with PowerPivot
- Writing Formulas with DAX
- Data Visualization with Power View
- Power Map; Art of Geo Spatial 3D Data Visualization
- Answering Questions from Machine: Power Q&A
- New Designer: Power BI Designer
Check out other’s sessions of SQL Saturday Vienna by RADACAD;
Thanks to fully supportive and the great SQL Saturday 374 Vienna Team.