About the book; Quick Intro from Author
In 2016, after bringing the capability of writing R codes inside Power BI, I’ve been encouraged to publish an online book through a set of blog posts. The main reason to publish this book online, was that there is no integrated and comprehensive book on how to use R inside Power BI. From that time till now, I’ve been writing blog posts (or sections) of this book almost weekly in RADACAD blog. So far, I have more than 20 sections wrote in this book. This book covers most aspects of R inside Power BI; from creating R visual inside Power BI, how to run Machine Learning algorithm and how to create R custom visual. This book explains the main concepts of machine learning, R from novice to professional level. You can start reading this book with no prerequisite. I recommend to follow the book structure rather than read each section by itself. However, there are some sections, you don’t need to follow specific order. After six months of writing online, I decided to release this book as a PDF version as well, for two reasons; First to help community members who are more comfortable with PDF books, or printed version of materials. Second as a giveaway in my Advance Analytics training courses. Feel free to print this book and keep it in your library, and enjoy. This book is FREE! This book will be updated with updated editions (hopefully every month), so you can download the latest version anytime from my blog post here: https://radacad.com I will do my best to update any changes in next few editions. Just to keep you informed, the publish date of each section is mentioned at the beginning of each section under the header.
Dr. Leila Etaati is invited speaker in world’s best and biggest SQL Server and BI conferences such as Microsoft Data Insight Summit, PASS Summits, PASS24H, SQL Nexus, PASS Rallys, SQLBits, TechEds, Ignites, SQL Nexus, SQL Days, SQL Saturdays and so on. She obtained her PhD in Information System from University of Auckland. She has more than 10 years experience in Microsoft technologies. More than 5 years of her experience focused on training and consulting in Machine Learning Concepts and BI Technologies. She is Microsoft Data Platform MVP (Most Valuable Professional) focused on BI and Data Analysis, She has been awarded MVP from Microsoft because of his dedication and expertise in Microsoft BI technologies from 2016 till now. These days Leila runs Advance Analytics training, consulting, and mentoring in many cities and countries around the world (USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand). She trained more than 100 students in just last few months for Microsoft Advance Analytics training. Leila lives in Auckland, New Zealand, but you will probably see her speaking in conferences, or teaching courses near your city or country from time to time. If you are interested to be in touch with Leila, or learn about her upcoming courses, visit RADACAD events page. https://radacad.com/events
Download Free PDF Version
Who Is This Book For?
This book is designed for BI Developers, Consultants, Data scientists who wants to know how to develop machine learning solutions inside Power BI. BI Architects and Decision Makers who wants to make their decision about using or not using R visuals or Machine Learning inside Power BI in their BI applications. Business Analysts who want to get better insight on data and learn tricks of how to apply machine learning on specific data. The book titled “Advance Analytics with Power BI and R”, and that means it will cover wide range of readers. I’ll start by writing 100 level and we will go deep into 400 level at some stage. So, if you don’t know what Power BI is, or If you are familiar with R but want to learn how to use Power BI, this book able to show you the main process.
Table of Contents
- R Data Structures for Machine Learning.
- Have More Charts by writing R codes inside Power BI: Part 1.
- Have More Charts by writing R codes inside Power BI: Part 2.
- Have More Charts by writing R codes inside Power BI: Part 3.
- Variable Width Column Chart, writing R codes inside Power BI: Part 4.
- Visualizing Data Distribution in Power BI – Histogram and Norm Curve -Part 5.
- Visualizing Numeric Variables in Power BI – boxplots -Part 6.
- Prediction via KNN (K Nearest Neighbours) Concepts: Part 1.
- Prediction via KNN (K Nearest Neighbours) R codes: Part 2.
- Prediction via KNN (K Nearest Neighbours) KNN Power BI: Part 3.
- Make Business Decisions: Market Basket Analysis Part 1.
- Make Business Decisions: Market Basket Analysis Part 2.
- Over fitting and Under fitting in Machine Learning.
- Clustering Concepts , writing R codes inside Power BI: Part 1.
- K-mean clustering In R, writing R codes inside Power BI: Part 2.
- Identifying Number of Cluster in K-mean Algorithm in Power BI: Part 3.
- Neural Network Concepts Part 1.
- Neural Network R Codes in Power BI Part 2.
- Interactive Charts using R and Power BI: Create Custom Visual Part 1.
- Interactive Charts using R and Power BI: Create Custom Visual Part 2.
- Interactive Charts using R and Power BI: Create Custom Visual Part 3.
Download Free PDF Version